What is LUST?
What does LUST do?
LUST is mainly the student unions agency for political collaboration, through which they pursue questions of common interest regarding the University and the municipality as well as for the appointing of student representatives at a local level at Linköping’s University. LUST also works actively with the question regarding student housing and pursues suitable student accommodations in Linköping and Norrköping. LUST also takes on a more general responsibility for student activities at LiU and among other actions had an article regarding their stance on hazing versus the welcoming of new students published in Corren during the fall of 2012.
For a community of interest to be able to call itself a student community of LiU, they first have to be approved by LUST. With approval comes the privilege of painting their mark on Märkesbackarna, booking of University premises, being able to contribute to KALAS-mottagningen and so much more.
Benefits of being an approved student community:
- The community has the opportunity to book classrooms etc. at LiU for free.
- The community is allowed to arrange events at the Student union buildings (Kårallen, Ryds Herrgård, Trappan, Kollektivet and Örat).
- The community has the ability to rent a location or room in the Student union buildings (if there is space)
- The community gains the right to have a showcase at KALAS-mottagningen's exposition of Student communities (according to the location's limitation).
- The community gets to advertise at all campuses of the University.
- The community has the possibility to book bubbles and places to hang sheets at all LiU campuses.
- The community gets to paint their mark at Märkesbackarna at campus Norrköping, campus Valla and campus US according to the directives given.
- The community is listed at Kårservice and the student unions’ websites regarding student communities at LiU.